Friday, June 18, 2010

Chromium is the new Firefox

We all remember when Firefox first appeared. It was the perfect web browser sending Internet explorer to the trash. It was fast, Beautiful, Powerful, and Supports plugins and add-ons.

It has been almost 2 months of using Chromium on Ubuntu for me and I Love it. Its way faster than Firefox (starting and browsing) It looks nice and more organized out of the box and its very stable. I remember trying to make my Firefox to look the way i wanted. I wanted more space and a nice simple look. I spent too long trying to do so and then i decided to give Chromium a try and it looked just the way I was trying to get Firefox to look.

My Firefox after customizing it.



Chromium


Starting Time
It takes Firefox about 6 to 8 seconds to open on my laptop. Chromium takes less than 2 seconds.

Downloading system
I must say that Chromium has much more sexy download system. Nothing pops up like Firefox and you can see all you downloads in a new tab or by default in the status bar area (Chromium has no status bar).

Chromium downloading bar.

Conclusion
You have to give Chromium a try and make your mind, but i can guarantee you that you will like it.
Chromium is the new Firefox.

How to get it
Its super easy. Just go to http://www.google.com/chrome?hl=en and Download it. 32 or 64 bit .deb just download and install it. Ubuntu + Chromium Rocks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment